Through the World Bank's Water & Sanitation Program (WSP), AiD was assigned to implement the pilot project for the development of a water and sanitation strategy in the D.l.Khan district of KPK Pakistan. The main objective of the strategy was to demonstrate mechanisms for improving municipal services to the poor under the Local Government Ordinance 2001.
The W&S strategy was to present a viable and replicable model to the Government of KPK in the provision of water and sanitation facilities at the Tehsil Municipal Administration (TMA). This was to be done through the capacity building of local government functionaries.
The services rendered involved the following three stages:
- Assess and document the then status of water and sanitation in D.l.Khan area
- Identify core issues impeding services delivery
- Proposing options for remedy which were done through the following broad headings:
- Technical Interventions
- Financial Arrangements
- Institutional Arrangements
Name of Client:
- The Wor1d Bank (WB) - WSP
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract: