With DfID’s financial support, the Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provided stipends to secondary school girls to incentivize their transition from primary to secondary stage and retention from Grade 6 through Grade 10. The programme benefitted nearly 325,000 girls in more than 4,600 schools of 25 districts of the province. The annual cost of the programme was approximately PKR 750 million.
AiD assisted DFID in the Third Party Validation (TPV) of the programme in all three disbursement phases.
Description of actual services provided in the assignment:
The Scope of Work comprised of following tasks:
- Verification of whether the first instalment of girls' stipends has reached the intended beneficiaries (i.e. all girls in grade 6th to 10th in Government schools across all districts of KP)
- Ensuring beneficiary compliance with the attendance criteria.
- Evaluation of the process of stipend disbursement, especially in terms of efficiency and timeliness, transparency and corruption risks, cost effectiveness, and satisfaction/views of beneficiaries.
- Identification of institutional, financial and administrative risks involved in the stipend payment process and make recommendations for improvement in the programme.
A TPV framework was developed by a team of sectoral specialists and field work was carried out by experienced field monitors under the supervision of Team Leader/ TPV Expert.
Key Staff Engaged
- Team Leader/ TPV Specialist
- Education Sector Specialist
- Senior Research Associate
Name of Client:
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract:
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa