Associates in Development provided third-party monitoring services to the National Socio Economic Registry (NSER) update project funded by Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP). The NSER Pilot Phase aimed to collect census data of the eligible beneficiaries in 16 district of Pakistan. The objective of third-party operations review was to directly monitor the operations of the Survey Firms through Spot checks, Shadowing and Qualitative research. The NSER pilot phase comprised of two main components, namely (i) Desk Based Registration (DBR) in 4 districts at registration sites established and managed by NADRA, and (ii) Door to Door (D2D) survey aimed to cover 100% of the households (HH) in 16 districts across Pakistan, conducted by Survey Firms.
As the Operations Review firm, AiD was tasked with carrying out progress monitoring as well as process evaluation of both components of the NSER pilot phase i.e. DBR and D2D Survey.
The primary objectives of the Operational Review were to:
- Validate survey design and methodology;
- Verify survey coverage in the target districts;
- Monitor compliance with BISP protocols;
- Evaluate the quality of the survey processes;
- Flag issues and recommend course corrections:
These OR objectives were achieved through multiple activities including;
- Process and progress monitoring of the DBR sites
- Assessment of training of Survey Firms
- Process monitoring through shadowing of enumerators of D2D survey
- Progress monitoring through physical spot checks
The data collection for above-mentioned services was performed digitally using customized android-based software which was part of a complete software suite developed by AiD’s Software Development Specialist. This suite comprised of multiple data collection tools and an interactive and automated dashboard.
Name of Client:
- Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP)
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract: