Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF) received a grant from International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD) for ‘National Poverty Graduation Program (NPGP)’, which aims to ‘assist the ultra-poor and very poor in graduating out of poverty on a sustainable basis; simultaneously improving their overall food security, nutritional status and resilience to climate change’. To achieve this objective, the program is designed to catalyse change at the grassroots to pull people out of poverty, building largely (but not exclusively) upon BISP beneficiaries and leveraging Prime Minister’s Interest Free Loan (PMIFL) to develop a ‘seamless service’ where the poorest can move from consumption support to asset transfers to interest fee loans to microcredit. NPGP is expected to begin in early 2018 and will target 17 districts across Pakistan including all four provinces, Azad Jammu & Kashmir (AJK), Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) and Giglit Baltistan (GB).
The program will follow a tested social mobilization based approach for community targeting, organization and implementation in which PPAF will engage existing and new suitable partners in target areas for the delivery of project interventions. PPAF hired service of Associates in Development Pvt. Ltd. to roll out multi-tiered appraisal of potential partner organizations (PPOs).
As part of this assignment, AiD performed following services:
- Designing and issuance of Request for Expression of Interest to non-profit organizations across Pakistan
- Desk-based appraisal of 242 EOIs received and shortlisting of PPOs for the next stage of selection process
- Development and issuance of detailed Request for Proposal (RfP) to 84 shortlisted PPOs
- Desk-based appraisal of 126 technical and financial proposals received in response to RfP
- Shortlisting of PPOs for field-based appraisal i.e. capacity assessment of shortlisted organizations
- Finalization of partners for implementation of NPGP
Name of Client:
- Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract: