The project, funded by KFW Germany and implemented by Sarhad Rural Support Program (SRSP), contributes to the peace process in FATA through measures which improve the living conditions of the people in FATA and foster their reintegration into civil life. The project aims to support internally/temporally displaced people for their return to FATA in a focused manner, motivate a timely return and support them especially after return with sustainable, needs oriented measures in the field of long term reconstruction and rehabilitation.
The project foresees the following aspects:
- Social and physical community infrastructure (CPI) is reconstructed and rehabilitated. The population of the project region gains an increasing access to sustainable social and physical community infrastructure.
- Local citizens (women and men) pro-actively participate in the identification, selection and realization of reconstruction and rehabilitation of social and physical community infrastructure. Local civil society is strengthened and their participation in decision making at the local level is tangibly enhanced.
Skills training in combination with livelihood support are carried out with a special focus on poor adolescent men. They gain a significantly better access to qualified income generating opportunities including the option to set up their own business.
The services provided by the firm include process and progress monitoring of the various project components. An outline of the tasks to be performed is given below:
- Development of Master Plan/Best practice and best fit according to the local requirements
- Technical and Management support
- Tendering and procurement
- Livelihood and communities support
- Results Monitoring, including provision for remote monitoring
The scope of work includes technical assistance and third party monitoring of the following project interventions across Khyber, Orakzai, N.W.A, S.W.A and Kurram Agencies of FATA:
- Formation of 373 Community Based Organizations (CBOs)
- Construction of 357 Social and Physical Community Infrastructure schemes,
- 714 Management Skills Trainings for Operation and Maintenance
- Training of 2911 individuals in Value Chain & Employable Skills (On & Off farm)
The engineering component of the services includes technical assistance including design capacity building, design vetting and remote monitoring of construction of 357 infrastructure schemes including irrigation schemes, roads & bridges, street pavements & drains and drinking & water supply schemes etc.
Key Staff Engaged
- Team Leader
- Link Road Engineer
- Water and Sanitation Engineer
- Social Mobilization and Community
Name of Client:
- KFW/ Germany
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract: