This is a Haripur and Nowshera Districts specific project and the people as well as the district authorities and their concerned line departments in these two districts are the ultimate beneficiaries of the programme.
The objectives of the project are specified as follows:
- Improve community infrastructure implemented by local authorities concerned, thereby strengthening their technical and administrative capacities.
- Enhance participation of the population in the decision making process at district level.
- Contribute to the realization of objectives formulated in the actual Post Crisis Needs Assessment (PCNA) of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
In order to comply with its contractual obligations, AiD services under this activity entail the following:
- Feasibility studies
- Development of Selection Criteria for District Investments
- Capacity Assessments and Capacity building
- Detailed planning and designing of identified/ proposed projects
- Monitoring of field activities using Android base monitoring system.
- Assistance with Comprehensive District Development Plans (DDPs)
- Technical support for Project Cycle Management which comprises of detailed planning & design of identified projects
- Support for preparation of Tender documents, Tendering processes and Award of Contracts
- Support for Construction Supervision and Contract Management
- Support for Development of O&M Systems
- Management of the Disposition Fund for project implementation
- Performance Monitoring and Evaluation
Key Staff Engaged
- International Team Leader
- Quality Control Engineer
- Deputy Team Leader
- Roads & Bridges Engineer
- Structural Engineer
- Irrigation & Hydraulics
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Procurement & Contracts Expert
- W&S Expert
- District Coordinator
- Quality Control
- Field Supervisor
Name of Client:
- Kreditanstalt fUr Wiederaufbau (Kfw)
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract:
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa