The Province of KPK has experienced a multitude of crisis in recent years. Not only is the province affected by the developments in Afghanistan and the local militancy, it has also experienced a multitude of natural disasters, specially the 2010 floods which affected a large number of people with detrimental effects on the living conditions, especially for the rural population. The Project aims to promote basic public services delivery as well as to repairs and reconstruct non-functional or destroyed public infrastructure in the two districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa i.e. Nowshera and Haripur.
The purpose of the project is the enhancement of local government’s capacity for service delivery and the improvement of living conditions in particular of the poor population of selected districts in KPK. This is expected to contribute to the improved governance performance of local authorities as well as the living conditions of the targeted population. The main objectives of the project include the following:
- Strengthening of implementation capacities of district administration.
- Enhanced participation of the population in the decision making process at district level.
- Contribute to the objective of the post Crises Needs Assessment (PCNA) of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
KFW has appointed a modest team of “International Consultants” who will provide technical support for design reviews and 3rd party oversight during implementation. The project is planned to be implemented over a 3 year period starting in 2014. However the actual kick off has been delayed due to various reasons.
- Improvement of the community infrastructure in district Haripur and Nowshera. A total of 39 odd projects will be part of the project. Projects would include bridge, roads and DWSS schemes.
- Enhanced participation of the population in the decision making process at district level. As part of the “technical support” AiD has partnered with IM Sciences to identify and improve “priority capacity needs” of following agencies.
- Communication and Works department
- Public Health Engineering Department
- Irrigation Department
- Local Government and Rural Development Department
- Tehsil Municipal Administrations
- Executive District Office for Planning and Finance
- Post Crises Needs Assessment (PCNA) will include: i) Building responsiveness and effectiveness of the State to restore citizens’ trust ii) Stimulate employment and livelihood opportunities iii) Ensure delivery of basic services and, iv) Counter radicalization and foster reconciliation.
Key Staff Engaged
- Key Staff Engaged
- Team Leader
- Deputy Team Leader
- Project Coordinator Haripur
- Project Coordinator Nowshera
- District Accountant
- Field Engineer
- Road and Bridge Engineer
- Water and Sanitation Engineer
- Structure Engineer
Name of Client:
- Kreditanstalt fUr Wiederaufbau (Kfw)
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract:
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa