Narrative description of Project:
Funded by the World Bank Islamabad, the technical assistance was commissioned as a sub-contract to GHK, UK which was the lead firm engaged for “Process Evaluation”. The Process Evaluation used the new scorecard-based Poverty Targeting methodology for the Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) Test Phase.
This was a qualitative and analytical evaluation with the objective of assessing whether or not BISP and its Partner Organizations followed the guidelines specified in the Targeting Manual.
The project was implemented in 9 of the 16 Districts of the BIS Programme. AiD undertook the Poverty Scorecard Evaluation in Battagram, Karak, Lakki Marwat in NWFP; Gilgit, Diamer in Northern Areas and Poonch in Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK);and Turbat, Musa Khel, and Killa Saifullah in Balochistan.
Description of actual services provided in the assignment:
The scope of services focused on:
- Assessing BISP, their Partner Organizations ( POs) and other stakeholders vis a vis results
- Assessing BISP and POs vis a vis implementation process and methodology described in the Targeting Manual and its respective annexes.
- Repairing action respective plans
- Finalizing survey questionnaires with partner firm
- Organizing and mobilizing survey teams
- Conducting surveys and focus group discussions in all districts
- Data entry and processing
- Compilation and Preparation of various reports
- Conducting evaluation and consultative workshops
Name of Client:
- GHK UK (Lead firm)- World Bank