The Barani Areas Development Program, Phase II (BARANl II) project envisaged the poverty reduction and socio-economic development of rain-fed agricultural areas of NWFP through project interventions in various areas by developing & using community-based and participatory approaches/ management models.
BARANI II, a technical assistance program, was an extension of the ongoing BARANI Phase-I multi-sector area development project funded by Asian Development Bank (ADB), Manila.
Major project activities focused on:
- Improvement in agricultural productivity & natural resource management through development/demonstration of integrated technology packages
- Expansion & improvement of rural infrastructure including water supply, sanitation, drainage, link road etc.
- Institutional capacity building/strengthening of Community based organizations/NGOs and government line agencies to plan/implement/monitor & evaluate development programs in rain-fed areas
- Community participation in the planning & implementation of Development activities.
- Conducting necessary field visits, topographic surveys (providing as-built situation with all utilities and relevant information), Geo technical investigations and tests
- Detailed designing and supervision of water sanitation & hygiene (wash) component
Key Staff Engaged
• Project Coordinator
• Senior Surveyors
Name of Client:
- Barani Development Office
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract: