The project envisaged the poverty reduction and socio-economic development of rain-fed agricultural areas of NWFP through project interventions in various areas by developing & using community-based and participatory approaches/ management models.
Barani Areas Development Program, phase II (BARANl-11) - a technical assistance program, was an extension of the ongoing Barani Phase-I multi-sector area development project funded by Asian Development Bank (ADB), Manila.
Major project activities focused on:
• Improvement in agricultural productivity & natural resource management through development/demonstration of integrated technology packages
• Expansion & improvement of rural infrastructure including water supply, sanitation, drainage, link road etc.
• Institutional capacity building/strengthening of Community based organizations/NGOs and government line agencies to plan/implement/monitor & evaluate development programs in rain-fed areas
• Community participation in the planning & implementation of
• Conducting necessary field visits, topographic surveys (providing as-built situation with all utilities and relevant information), Geo technical investigations and tests
• Detailed designing and supervision of water sanitation & hygiene (wash) component
Name of Client:
- Barani Development Office
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract: