Narrative description of Project:
Aid to Uprooted People is a four-years European Union funded and KFW managed project which aims to facilitate the reintegration of FATA IDPs by creating a favorable environment for their return. The project has following three key result areas:
- Community Institutional Development: Formation of community organizations of men and women to strengthen participation of local civil society in decision making.
- Construction/ Rehabilitation of Community Physical Infrastructure (CPI): The population of the project region gains an increasing access to sustainable social and physical community infrastructure. These included increasing access to sustainable facilities with regard to Water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Economic Growth & Livelihoods Development: Skills training in combination with livelihood support are carried out with a special focus on poor adolescent men.
The project is being implemented by Sarhad Rural Support Program (SRSP). KFW, the fund management agency on behalf of European Union, has hired services of AiD Pvt. Ltd. to provide third party monitoring and technical assistance services.
Description of actual services provided in the assignment:
AiD is providing third party process and progress monitoring services for all components of the project. More specifically, the scope of work includes development of technical manuals for construction/ rehabilitation of CPIs, monitoring of community mobilization and skills development activities at the field level and provision of required technical support to streamline a project specific Management Information System (MIS) for the use of SRSP and KFW.
- Ongoing monitoring of institutional development component including progress and process monitoring of formation and working of 340 community organizations;
- Design capacity building, design vetting and monitoring of construction of 340 infrastructure schemes including irrigation schemes, roads & bridges, street pavements & drains and drinking & water supply schemes etc.
- Monitoring of management skills trainings for Operation and Maintenance of CPIs, and
- Monitoring of livelihoods and skills development component including assessment of trainings and impact on 3,500 beneficiaries.
Name of Client:
- Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW) and European Union
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract:
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa