Narrative description of Project:
The lead apex institution for community-driven development in the country, the Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund is an autonomous not-for-profit organization enjoying facilitation from the GoP, The World Bank, IFAD, KfWEntwicklungsbank (Germany) and other statutory and corporate donors. Under the PPAF III, the Livelihood Enhancement and Protection (LEP) was launched in May 2009 with a financial support of USD 85 Million from the World Bank. During the MTR for the LEP, the WB requested the PPAF to carry out an investigative study on its current Livelihoods model and strategy to identify whether the main focus on ultra-poor households is stimulating sufficient economic activity at the village level to affect transformational change, or whether there should be an equal focus on the poor and vulnerable poor. AiD Pvt. Ltd. was tasked with carrying out this Investigative Study.
Description of actual services provided in the assignment:
The Assignment comprised of the following key tasks.
- Field visits to PPAF Partner Organizations spread over the length of the country.
- Key Informant Interviews with senior management of the PPAF and sampled POs.
- Focus Group Discussions with the sampled beneficiary communities and control groups.
- Review of most successful national and regional livelihoods projects for comparison with the PPAF livelihoods model.
- Development of a report detailing best practices and lessons learnt from other livelihoods projects for incorporation into the PPAF’s newly introduced LEED model.
Name of Client:
- Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF)
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract: