Under the World Bank funded Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF) III program, an 85 Million USD Livelihood Enhancement and Protection (LEP) was launched in May 2009. During the MTR for the LEP, the WB requested the PPAF to carry out an investigative study on its current Livelihoods model and strategy to identify whether the main focus on ultra-poor households is stimulating sufficient economic activity at the village level to affect transformational change, or whether there should be an equal focus on the poor and vulnerable poor. AiD Pvt. Ltd. was tasked with carrying out this Investigative Study
The study comprised of following tasks/ services:
- Field visits to PPAF Partner Organizations spread over the length of the country
- Key Informant Interviews with senior management of the PPAF and sampled POs.
- Focus Group Discussions with the sampled beneficiary communities and control groups.
- Review of most successful national and regional livelihoods projects for comparison with the PPAF livelihoods model.
- Development of a report detailing best practices and lessons learnt from other livelihoods projects for incorporation into the PPAF's newly introduced LEED model.
Key Staff Engaged
- Project Coordinator
- M&E Specialist
- Research Analyst
Name of Client:
- Pakistan Poverty Alleviation Fund (PPAF)
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract: