Narrative description of Project:
Funded by the USAID, FATA CBP was a 3-year project designed to assist GOP and FATA institutions to: (1) develop strategic approaches to utilize the anticipated increases in GOP and donor resources expected as a result of the Fata Sustainable Development Program (FSDP); (2) support the building of civilian /paramilitary cooperation in FATA development; (3) build capacity of FATA institutions to plan, implement and manage funds; and to communicate effectively with constituents and communities – to ensure that development initiatives are aligned with local needs and expectations; (4) strengthen the capacity of the indigenous NGO community to deliver resources in support of strategic plans. The Capacity Building program involves extensive needs assessments, strategic planning and the execution of action plans to conduct the activities necessary to meet the stated objectives.
Description of actual services provided in the assignment:
The responsibilities called for technical assistance and training to achieve the overall objectives of the Capacity Building program; these included:
· Operationalizing the FSDP for each of seven Agencies and six Frontier Regions;
· Build the capacity of selected FATA institutions to conduct effective monitoring and reporting;
· Improve the capacity of selected FATA institutions to develop, implement and manage development programs at the Agency and community level;
· Improve the capacity of FATA NGOs to develop implement and manage development programs;
· Develop and implement effective media strategies for FATA institutions;
· Improve the coordination and integration of civilian and military/paramilitary activities in specific contexts where no funds or direct assistance will be provided to such activities;
· Identify long-term capacity, organizational and policy issues for FATA institutions.
Name of Client:
- Development Alternatives Inc (DAI)-USA-USAID
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract: