UNDP has acquired service from Associates in Development for Collaborative Research in linking Climate Change with Multi Poverty Index. The main objective of this research study is to assess the impact of climate change on selected MPI indicators in up to two districts (Peshawar & Charsadda) of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. UNDP’s current work in the programme is on Climate Public Expenditure and Institutional Review in the same two districts in KP. This information will then be assessed against the findings of the district level (CPEIR) to analyse the effectiveness of the resource allocated to the specific sector, and what changes would be required to make the sector results more resilient to climate change impacts. The secondary objective is to provide recommendations as to how this type of research can be undertaken more systematically to inform budget proposals.
Description of actual services provided in the assignment:
Following are the key activities conducted under this contract
- Conduct Sectoral Analysis of different sectors for potential climate change impacts covered under the MPI indicators
- Conduct Quantitative & Qualitative Research (HH questionnaire survey & FGDs with communities)
- Key Informant Interviews with key stakeholders at both province and district level.
- Triangulation of both districts CPEIR data with the research results
Name of Client:
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract: