The innovative Waseel-a-Taleem (WT) Prgramme is a sub component of the National Social Safety Net Initiative of Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP). The program aimed to promote school enrolment of 6 million children in 4 years by offering additional stipends of Rs. 200 to beneficiary mothers who enrolled their children in school and ensure attendance, in addition to their monthly BISP grant of Rs. 1,000. The enrolment programme involved ensuring that all eligible BISP WT beneficiaries are given the chance to enroll themselves in the programme. AiD assisted BISP in the pilot stage of the programme in Skardu, Mirpur & Malakand.
AiD was responsible for reaching out to nearly 40,000 eligible mothers and families to undertake "enrollment activities. Main task included;
- District/Tehsil Level Public Information Campaign: aimed at creating awareness about the Programme in general public and carrying out targeted interventions for maximizing the enrolments of eligible families;
- Training and Orientation of Beneficiary Families: involving group based orientation sessions of eligible mothers on all aspects of Programme;
- Programme Enrolment: Setting up of mobile online computerized enrolment camps at Tehsil level to create family structures out of existing BISP's household data.
Key Staff Engaged
- Team Leader
- Enrolment Specialist
- Capacity Building Specialist
- Information Campaign Officers
Name of Client:
- Benazir Income Support Programme
Project Duration/ Timeline:
Approx. value of the contract:
- Khyber Pakhtunkhwa